About this blog

If you're looking for me to brag about how cute my kids are (which they are) or talk about how much weight I did or didn't lose this week, you are in the wrong place! I have a Facebook account for that. This blog is about the blunt truths of parenting, tips and tricks of the trade, some addicting mommy junk and all the other disgusting hilarity that ensues when you have kids...especially two kids only 12 months apart like myself.

Search This Blog

Friday, July 1

Postpartum Orgasm

OUCH! That's all I can say....

After Boo was born I had no pain with orgasm. It can mostly be assumed because I didn't have any!!! Edward Scissor Head tore me terribly and the conception of Bubbi over two months later was just barely tolerable.

Fast forward to Bubbi. No tears!!! Though I secretly hoped she wouldn't, my OB approved sex at the standard six weeks.

Eventually I enjoyed sex again (crazy, huh? two babies later...) and inevitably, had an orgasm.

HOLY CRAP! Why am I having advanced labor sized contractions!!?! 

Every time I had a good time I was literally doubled over in pain for five to ten minutes. Every. Time.

Like several other post-pregnancy issues, this too passed. But holy crap, no one told me about this!! And it really sucked....so FYI.

1 comment:

Yellzer said...

OKAY, my doc looked at me as if I was flipping crazy when I went in with the same experience....which continues to this day. 4 years later and I still can not truly enjoy sex because everytime I feel like I'm relaxing in to it my mind snaps to the fact that the pain is just around the corner and I tense up again. The pain is the most intence gut busting I've ever had. Not that I'm glad you went through this too, but it is good to know I'm not really crazy as my doctor made me feel.