About this blog

If you're looking for me to brag about how cute my kids are (which they are) or talk about how much weight I did or didn't lose this week, you are in the wrong place! I have a Facebook account for that. This blog is about the blunt truths of parenting, tips and tricks of the trade, some addicting mommy junk and all the other disgusting hilarity that ensues when you have kids...especially two kids only 12 months apart like myself.

Search This Blog

Thursday, June 16

Do it...call me a bad mom

We all reach our limits and do things we aren't proud of. In a social setting, you would probably call me a bad mom for some or all of the following. At home on your computer, you're smiling because you've done it too.

~ My kids or myself have dropped food on the floor and one (or both) of the kids drop to their knees and start to eat it off the floor with no hands like dogs. I don't always stop them. They are getting fed and my floor is getting cleaned without the vacuum. Win-win...until they do it in public.

~ Yelled at them for something that is your fault. This one actually hurts me, but I've done it. I yelled at Bubbi the other day for ripping up and old family photo that my stupid butt left within her reach. She cried. I felt like crap.

~ More food on the floor. Its snack time right before nap and I'm trying to load the dishwasher, unpack the groceries and switch the laundry at the same time. I grab a handful of crackers and quite literally toss them towards the kids on the floor (I know - this one is pretty bad).

~ If I'm just done with life I give my kids junk food to entertain them while I sit quietly and allow my brain to flat line.


~ Falling is pure slapstick comedy. I laugh when my kids get hurt if its comical. Just last night Boo ate it running to me and I just died laughing (trying not to of course) while he sobbed in my arms.

~ AND...while at Starbucks the other day, I told my kids they couldn't eat their cake pops until they ate their McDonald's. OMG really? They can't have some crap until the finish their other crap? As I said it the barista and I laughed at the irony....or she was laughing at what a bad mom I am. Hey, we don't eat McD's and cake pops everyday, ok!

1 comment:

Idiot Mom said...

Love your blog. Hilarious. Mother's aren't real until they throw food on the floor for the kids. I swore I'd never feed my kids fast food. What a dream. HA!