About this blog

If you're looking for me to brag about how cute my kids are (which they are) or talk about how much weight I did or didn't lose this week, you are in the wrong place! I have a Facebook account for that. This blog is about the blunt truths of parenting, tips and tricks of the trade, some addicting mommy junk and all the other disgusting hilarity that ensues when you have kids...especially two kids only 12 months apart like myself.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 10

Review: The ONLY double stroller...

Don't laugh, but I went through FOUR double strollers before I finally found my match! I know...FOUR!

First was the Baby Trend Double Sit N Stand Stroller, Skylar my friend gave me. Keep in mind Boo was only 12 months old when Bubbi was born. The car seat infant option really only worked well in the back. When in use (so basically all the time in the beginning) it forced Boo to sit so upright that he was almost leaning forward and he hated it. Plus the thing was so freaking heavy...about forty pounds! Throw in two babies, a car seat and a diaper bag packed for three then try walking up the hill on my street...buns of steel yes, but I preferred not to get a hardcore sweat on every time we walked anywhere or I needed to lift it in and out of the trunk.

So what did I do? I bought an even heavier stroller!! Kolcraft Contours Options Tandem Stroller, Ruby was my next attempt. That mother of a stroller had some great options and versatility, but you have to unassemble the 50 pound beast to fold it up! Ok, so now the stroller was even heavier AND it took an extra 10 minutes to get in and out of the car every time we went anywhere. The sunshades were a joke, way too small and not adjustable. Plus this P.O.S. was really flimsy and not well made....HELL NO!

Third try...Combi Twin Sport 2010 Side by Side Double Stroller, Sand. This awesome stroller was light/under 30 pounds, folds up really small and opens and closes very easily. Winner? NO! Side by side sucked because the kids could hit, pull and steel from each other effortlessly.

Ok...now I know I need something that's light, opens and closes easily, has great sunshades and does not allow the kids to mess with each other too readily. At this point I told my husband I was not giving myself a budget - getting the best of the best no matter the cost!


BOB Revolution SE Duallie Stroller, Orange was my first thought. Then I saw a lady have to break hers down to fit through a doorway! OMG WTF? No way. *Note: I believe they have since come out with one that fits through the average doorway. Either way, my friend had terrible issues with one of her tires always going flat.

Next I considered the Bumbleride Indie Twin 4 Wheel All Terrain Stroller with 12" Wheels, Ruby. I really liked the features and the look, but finally decided I wasn't a runner and didn't want to deal with air filled tire maintenance since I didn't need them.

Then I fell in love...Baby Jogger 2010 City Mini Double Stroller, Black/Black. The dimensions are perfect: 38.5 x 29.75 x 41.5. This baby easily fit through the door into my master bedroom. It weighs in beautifully at 26.6 pounds and holds 100 pounds worth of kids (most doubles max out near 90 pounds). The sunshades are fabulous and large (adjustable to three options with two windows each) for my fair skinned babies. And the best part is the amazingly quick and easy way it folds (go to  http://www.babyjogger.com/city_mini_dbl_dtl.aspx to watch the video)! Plus, the kids cannot really access each other unless they are both leaning forward. It was more affordable than the other options I had been exploring and it was truly exactly what I needed! It does come quite bare so you may need to buy things you tend to expect most strollers to have standard like a belly bar, car seat adapter, child tray etc.

Since my purchase I have sold FOUR other mommies on this baby! Every single one of them is totally in love. The only complaint has been the basket size, but they wouldn't trade it for anything. Actually, one of the mommies I suggested I write this post.

So there it is...the best double stroller on the market is the Baby Jogger 2010 City Mini Double Stroller, Black/Black!!!


4 comments:

Lacey said...

:) Still in love with mine! Did get the belly bar and child tray for each kiddo. Got the BOB parent console. I bought double but realize two singles would have been better. Double the cup holders! I had the double Phil and Ted before this. Twice the price and when the front kid would want out I would have to trow the diaper bag in the front to keep it from flipping over on the second kid. There is zero storage space in it and the shade is a joke . Had to buy the sunshade an extra $60.00 bucks. Listen to this lady she is spot on with this stroller.

Small Kucing said...

Not laughing as my boy used 3 stroller! and that was only one and a half year.

1st one was "inheritated" from a friend. The 2nd one was new. One of the wheels broke. By the time we bought 3rd one, he sat in it for like 2-3mths only.

After that he preferred to walk and run.

Polly Gamwich said...

I have heard great things about the joovy double strollers any experience with those or is anybody reading this who can compare joovy to this one?

Was very grateful for Lacey's comparison of this to Phil and Ted, heard GREAT things about the Phil and Ted previously.

bubbi and boo said...

Polly - Tried the joovy caboose for a day and didnt like it (but that one is just like the sit-n-stand). I have no experience with the joovy double...