About this blog

If you're looking for me to brag about how cute my kids are (which they are) or talk about how much weight I did or didn't lose this week, you are in the wrong place! I have a Facebook account for that. This blog is about the blunt truths of parenting, tips and tricks of the trade, some addicting mommy junk and all the other disgusting hilarity that ensues when you have kids...especially two kids only 12 months apart like myself.

Search This Blog

Thursday, May 5

Randon Rants: I said WHAT?

I did it...one of those huge social faux pas. Thank god, no, I didn't ask a non-pregnant lady when she was having her baby.

I did, however, ask a 60+ year old woman and her 68+ year old husband how old their granddaughter was.

"Oh, she's our daughter. She'll be six in a few months."

Ok Ramona, put your foot in your mouth and walk away. Me, no. I'm not slick like that. So I ask where they adopted her from.

HOLY CRAP I JUST ASKED WHAT!?!? Do I EVER think before I speak!?!? Rarely.

"The Philippines. It was a four year process........"

Thank you, Lord. It was obvious as the little girl was obviously not the daughter to the two old white folks. They went on to tell me their awesome and insane adoption story. Apparently you must reside in the Philippines for three years once you gain possession of the child (that sounds terrible...gain possession?).

Hm. Very interesting. Let's try and keep our mouth shut next time, yes?

2 comments:

Alex, Speaking Denglish said...

You said I won your giveaway on my blog, but I can't seem to find a giveaway I would have entered. You can contact me at ifsandsandbutts@gmail.com for my address? Thanks.

Small Kucing said...

LOL....ask for the preg thingy...i asked my neighbour that...oppss...