About this blog

If you're looking for me to brag about how cute my kids are (which they are) or talk about how much weight I did or didn't lose this week, you are in the wrong place! I have a Facebook account for that. This blog is about the blunt truths of parenting, tips and tricks of the trade, some addicting mommy junk and all the other disgusting hilarity that ensues when you have kids...especially two kids only 12 months apart like myself.

Search This Blog

Saturday, April 2

The most undomesticated "domestic" housewife

I know this isn't the 1950s, but...

My high school didn't offer Home Ec classes. I don't know how to cook much more than Kraft Mac and Cheese...even then I botch it if I don't follow the instructions with measuring cups and all.

I can't sew more than a button on. I am terrible at getting out tough stains and tend to iron in more wrinkles than anything.

I suck at budgeting. My idea of balancing the checkbook is checking online to see how much we have...or avoiding that altogether by using my credit card.

I can't handle planning meals for a whole week, let alone grocery shopping that far ahead without throwing out half of it from going bad (or eating it all the first two days).

I get overwhelmed easily when I see a pile of dishes, smudges on the walls and floors and remember the laundry piles in the laundry room. When I'm overwhelmed I do what any good woman does, I grab the ice cream and turn on some reality tv (if the kids are awake we leave the problem/home and return in time for naps, dinner etc)

I fail at keeping a clean house and clean kids (dried boogers on the cheeks is in right now, yes?) with a smile on. I cannot maintain two kids and a house on my own while daddy works....especially in high heels with makeup on and perfect hair! If you can, feel free to come over here and do it for me.

No comments: