About this blog

If you're looking for me to brag about how cute my kids are (which they are) or talk about how much weight I did or didn't lose this week, you are in the wrong place! I have a Facebook account for that. This blog is about the blunt truths of parenting, tips and tricks of the trade, some addicting mommy junk and all the other disgusting hilarity that ensues when you have kids...especially two kids only 12 months apart like myself.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 16

Random facts you may or may not want to know

10 ~ I always say hate is not the opposite of love, indifference is. My supporting fact? Pupils dilate when you look at someone you love...they also dilate when you look at someone you hate!

9 ~ Pregnant women's brains shrink and it takes roughly six months after delivering for them to regain their normal size. "Mom Brain" is a flipping fact husbands!

8 ~ Blood-injection phobia is the only phobia in which your blood pressure drops instead of rises...insert fainting instead of panic attacks here. I have this...bad.

7 ~ The multi-generational household (think grandma moving in) has increased 33% from 1980 to 2008...this has taken place over all major demographic groups.

6 ~ When someone farts fecal particles are expelled into the air...and depending on the filtration of that person (think pants and underwear) and the size of the particles YOU MIGHT BREATHE OR SWALLOW SOME! I always flip out in public restrooms when I smell poop...no filters! I should...and so should you!

5 ~ Peanut butter has about 30 insect fragments and one rodent hair per cup. Eew.

4 ~ "Skinny Bitch" (great read by Freedman and Barnouin) theory: Milk makes us fat. We are the only species that drink milk as adults...by nature milk/dairy is for infants looking to double or triple their weight in a short amount of time. I'm hoping to write a book review on this fab read soon...if I can find that damn thing.

3 ~ Starbucks is making you broke AND fat! I did the math and if I bought my $2.20 drink every day for a year I would spend nearly $1000 and consume 69,350 extra calories...that's almost a 20lb gain! Do the math for yourself. I still go, just not when my jeans are getting snug or right after the credit card bill comes in...

2 ~  You'd be better off eating from a public restroom toilet seat than a mall food tray (http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/story/2011/02/14/bc-food-trays-bacteria.html?ref=rss).

1 ~ Shopping is GOOD for you! It releases the same endorphins as sex, mainly dopamine.

2 comments:

Bre said...

#3 would be a 20lb gain if you were completely sedentary for that entire year, which isn't likely.

Anonymous said...

well yes and no...if I consumed one starbucks a day over my daily caloric needs/output I'd be a fatty!